Features and Benefits of Using Verde-Cal
- 500 pounds will yield results equivalent to 1 ton of typical gypsum.
- Leaches excessive amounts of Sodium (Na) and Magnesium (Mg) from the soil.
- Supplies Calcium (Ca) without raising pH.
- Helps loosen compacted, heavy clay soils.
- Excellent source of Sulfate Sulfur.
- Satisfies the Calcium need of both the plant and the soil.
- Improves soil aeration and water percolation.
- Quicker response at lower rates. Requires 1/4 the rate of standard gypsum per application.
VERDE-CAL G is granular Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) enhanced with thCa™ Organic Acid and a penetrant wetting agent. The thCa™ acid makes Calcium readily available now rather than waiting on gypsum to breakdown over the course of two years. When there is available Calcium in the soil it will attach itself to the soil colloid and bump off the Sodium. Like I said above, gypsum alone can do the same thing except it takes two to three years for it to breakdown and become available in the soil making the bump off of Sodium very slow. VERDE-CAL G does in about two months what regular gypsum can do in two years. VERDE-CAL G rates are also ¼ (a quarter) of what the rates of gypsum are. A typical rate for gypsum is 2000 lbs. per acre, VERDE-CAL G rates are 500 lbs. per acre for correction of Sodium issues. The maintenance rate is 250 lbs. per acre every month or two to keep Sodium in check. VERDE-CAL G will not change soil pH!
Don’t forget that it’s full of Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, and Sulfur. All the nutrients the plant needs to survive the stresses of the long, hot summer.
There’s a reason Superintendents call it “The TOOLBOX”
VERDE-CAL KPLUS is a blended granular product consisting of Sulfate of Potash (0-0-50), ProMag36, and VERDE-CAL G (enhanced gypsum), also ) enhanced with thCa™ Organic Acid and a penetrant wetting agent.. The end result is a 0-0-19 fertilizer with Calcium, Magnesium, and lots of Sulfate Sulphur. KPLUS is a staple maintenance product that can be used as often as once a month to provide the soil with all the balanced cations in the bag. Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium are all main cations that the soil (and plant) requires to work properly. This product will help keep them in balance.